Author Notes: I had been looking to make use of the chive bush that sprung up in my garden this spring. So when it warmed up today and I just had to put something on the grill, I knew what to try. The try was successful and achieved two goals in one, used a good bit of chives AND filled our tummy! - SimpleHealthyHomemade
Makes 6 burgers
- 1 1/4 pound ground venison and or beef (using a mix works well)
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 egg
- 3-6 burger buns (Sprouted grain, if possible)
- In a bowl break up the ground meat using a fork.
- Add mustard, tamari, shallots, egg, ground pepper and chives and stir gently until all mixed up (I did not include any salt here, since the tamari or soy sauce is pretty salty)
- With your hands, form into 6 balls then flatten out to make a burger patty, set aside.
- Preheat your grill. Grill the burgers to desired done-ness, flipping only once. Serve on a toasted bun, or half of one, if you like