Author Notes: I'm planning on salmon for dinner tonight, marinated and then either grilled or broiled (depending on the weather). Normally I like to marinate the salmon in an orange marmalade based marinade. I thought I'd try it with a mango marinade this time. The marmalade was so good on its own that I thought I'd offer it. Serve on toast, biscuits, muffins or scones. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced, peel and all , the slices then quartered
- 1/2 of a large lemon, thinly sliced, peel and all, the slices then quartered
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups diced red mangoes (small dice) - I used 3 mangoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sauce pan combine the orange slices, lemon slices and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the diced mango, sugar and salt, bring back up to a simmer and then continue to simmer for about 20 more minutes.
- Using a potato masher or similar item, mash the mixture until it's thick and a little chunky. Cool, refrigerate and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes