If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this Penzey's recipe in a pile of clippings I had saved forever when I was looking for something to do with left over zucchine. Being a dedicated chocaholic they sounded ideal. I did reduce the sugar a little bit. They were satisfyingly chocolate very moist and easy to make with ingredients usually on hand. —Latetotheparty
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup room temp. butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/.4 teaspoons cinnamion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1.4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- preheat oven to 325 line 2 muffin tins with papers
- mix milk and vinegar and set asid
- Cream butter, oil and sugar until creamy then add eggs, vanilla and milk mix and blend.
- In a seoarate biwl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Stir in zucchine and 1.2 chocolate then spoon batter into prepared pans 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate and nuts if using and bake 20-25 min.
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.