Author Notes: This is an Indian Sweet made of carrot stirred and cooked in sugar syrup. - Delics
- 2 cups Red carrot/Orange Carrot (Shredded)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 cups Milk
- Few pinches Cashews (Roasted)
- Few pinches Broken Cardamom
- Tip: Using Red carrots will add more sweetness and a good taste to the sweet. Regular Orange Carrots can also be used in case of the unavailability of red carrots.
- Grate the carrots finely.
- In a nonstick cookware, combine the ghee and the grated carrots and stir continuously till the raw smell of the carrots fade.
- Pour the milk to the nonstick cookware and stir the contents continuously till the grated carrots form a thick cooked mixture. [ The quantity of the mixture reduces, that is a sign to find if it has been cooked well ].
- Now add sugar and broken cardamom. Stir continuously till the sugar is finely mixed and the cardamom gives a good fragrance and essence.
- The Carrot Halwa should be transferred into another serving bowl.
- Now roast the cashews in ghee for 2 minutes and garnish it over the Carrot Halwa with some dry grapes over it.
- The Carrot halwa is ready for your tastebuds to munch it.