If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an Indian Sweet made of carrot stirred and cooked in sugar syrup. —Delics
- 2 cups Red carrot/Orange Carrot (Shredded)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 cups Milk
- Few pinches Cashews (Roasted)
- Few pinches Broken Cardamom
- Tip: Using Red carrots will add more sweetness and a good taste to the sweet. Regular Orange Carrots can also be used in case of the unavailability of red carrots.
- Grate the carrots finely.
- In a nonstick cookware, combine the ghee and the grated carrots and stir continuously till the raw smell of the carrots fade.
- Pour the milk to the nonstick cookware and stir the contents continuously till the grated carrots form a thick cooked mixture. [ The quantity of the mixture reduces, that is a sign to find if it has been cooked well ].
- Now add sugar and broken cardamom. Stir continuously till the sugar is finely mixed and the cardamom gives a good fragrance and essence.
- The Carrot Halwa should be transferred into another serving bowl.
- Now roast the cashews in ghee for 2 minutes and garnish it over the Carrot Halwa with some dry grapes over it.
- The Carrot halwa is ready for your tastebuds to munch it.
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.