If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious summer salad topped with grilled flank steak, sliced mangoes and tomatoes for color and texture, and a creamy avocado buttermilk Ranch dressing. The dressing was inspired by the Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing from Ann at Sumptuous Spoonfuls. —Brianne Izzo
Grilled Steak and Mango Salad with Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 4-6 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 6-8 ounces thinly sliced grilled flank steak
- 1-2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (see below)
- Divide salad greens between plates.
- Top with mango, tomato, and steak slices.
- Drizzle Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing over the top.
Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove of garlic
- About 4 fresh basil leaves
- A few leaves fresh parsley, or 1/2 t dried parsley
- A few sprigs fresh dill, or 1/2 t dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, or 1/2 t onion powder
- 8-10 chives
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.