Author Notes: A delicious summer salad topped with grilled flank steak, sliced mangoes and tomatoes for color and texture, and a creamy avocado buttermilk Ranch dressing. The dressing was inspired by the Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing from Ann at Sumptuous Spoonfuls. - Brianne Izzo
Grilled Steak and Mango Salad with Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 4-6 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 6-8 ounces thinly sliced grilled flank steak
- 1-2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (see below)
- Divide salad greens between plates.
- Top with mango, tomato, and steak slices.
- Drizzle Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing over the top.
Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 clove of garlic
- About 4 fresh basil leaves
- A few leaves fresh parsley, or 1/2 t dried parsley
- A few sprigs fresh dill, or 1/2 t dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, or 1/2 t onion powder
- 8-10 chives
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes