If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What's dinner? Well, it's a clear blue sky, hot, I only want a salad or something of the sort. So the mangoes were lying around from the other recipes and all I had to do is come up with beautiful colours - after all the eyes also eat, right?! - Babette Feast
- 2 baked beetroots
- 1 firm mango
- 1 large mozzarella
- 3 slices of smoked slamon
- 1 lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fleur de Sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- chives or dill for decoration
- Pat dry the beetroot and thinly slice it. Pat dry the slices, sprinkle a little Fleur de Sel and pepper on it.
- Peel the mango and thinly slice it.
- Slice the mozzarella and pat dry. Sprinkle a little Fleur de Sel and pepper on it
- Cut the salmon in small dice.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds on the mango slices.
- Clean the cookie cutter and cut 4 rounds on the mozzarella slices.
- Clean the cookie cutter again and cut 6 rounds on the beetroot slices.
- Start with one slice of beetroot, then one of mango, then one of mozzarella. Then one slice of beetroot, one of mozzarella, one of mango and finally one of beetroot.
- Gently fit the cookie cutter on the last beetroot slice and top with half the diced smoked salmon. Press on it, including the sides where the ring is. Start to pull the ring away pressing gently on the salmon.
- Decorate the plate as you wish - I used chives and diced mango.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and lemon juice.
- Serve with a green salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes