If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started making this recipe during the hot summers in Crete, where we eat a lot of beets and tzatziki-style sauces. This variation livens up one of my favorite summer dishes. —minosmama
- 4-5 Medium beets
- splashes raspberry vinegar
- a glug lemon scented oil
- a glug herb-infused oil (I like OHCo. coriander, fennel and dill)
- Juice and zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- Scrub the beets and wrap them in a couple layers of aluminum foil. Place them in a medium hot oven until tender. This can take a couple hours. Remove from oven and allow them to cool until you can handle them. Slough off the peels and cut them into slices or smallish chunks.
- Dress the beets with the vinegar, oils, 1/2 the freshly squeezed orange juice and salt to taste.
- Prepare the yoghurt dressing by combining the yoghurt, remaining half of the orange juice & zest, and a squeeze of mild flavored honey. At this point the beets and dressing may be refrigerated up to a day and assembled just before serving.
- To assemble, place the beets in a shallow dish, pour the yoghurt into the middle and sprinkle with coarsely chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.