If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was a spur of the moment soup I made yesterday after a long walk and it turned out really well. I usually never have tomato in my broccoli soups but the other day I saw this episode of Spice Goddess and she (Bal Arneson) made a tomato soup by first roasting tomatoes and red bell peppers in the oven with Olive oil so that inspired me to add the tomato into my broccoli soup using her tomato roasting technique which is new to me (for soup anyways). —ChefSteadfastMT
- 2 Big tomatoes
- 1 Big red bell pepper
- 1-2 Broccoli Stalks
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Cod Fillets
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- teaspoons Black Pepper, Basil,
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Boil the broccoli in the vegetable broth until soft. Then drain about a cup of the broth and set aside.
- In an oven safe dish place the tomatoes (cut in quarters) and the bell peppers (also cut in huge slices). Sprinkle some of the salt, pepper and basil on top. Drizzle olive oil and set in the oven until the skin on the tomatoes is beginning to peel. Remove and set aside.
- In a pan fry with olive oil the onion, garlic and fish (it doesn't have to be cod). Don't over cook the fish then set aside.
- Place the broccoli, tomato and peppers in a food processors and pure it. You can add more broth if desired. When ready remove from the processor and return to a pot. Add the fish mixture and enjoy!!!
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.