If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Call it sweet sauce or chutney. It is really quick and tasty sauce which is sweet, spicy, and goes well for dipping spring rolls or any type of flatbreads. You can save it for about 1 year or so. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes a bowl approx 2 cups
- 1 cup Grated radish
- 1/2 cup Grated carrots
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red chili flakes, if you like more heat add more and less then half the qty
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finenely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons Corn starch
- 1 teaspoon White distilled vinegar
- Take the grated radish , carrots and all the other ingredients along with one cup of water in a deep pot or pan over medium heat.
- Keep stirring once in while. Cook it till all the sugar has melted. It has thickened a bit.
- Remove it in a sterilized jar and store it up to an year or so. You can serve it with appetizers, pakoras etc. You can also gift this.
- If you like cumin , then you can add roasted cumin seeds about 1 tsp or roasted cumin powder also.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.