If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Call them "Dhebras" or "Theplas" - funny names right. But, they do not taste funny. I do not like radish in salads, but I love it this way or may be my mother-in laws muli subji. Usually, Muli paranthas are staple and famously made at by North Indians. They grate the radish and chop up the leaves and make a stuffing and then stuff them into dough. But, western region we mix everything together and make these so they are known as Dhebras. Dhebras are staple flatbread of western region and there are many jokes about it. We can substitute or rather have variations like radish, bottle gourd and fenugreek leaves for Dhebra recipe. Hope you like these. Benefit of making it this way is that they stay longer at room temperature also compared to stuffed ones. They are so good for road trips or even during flights, you just wrap them around a foil, parchment paper or tissue paper. No mess! —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 4 to 5
- 1.5 cups Whole wheat Flour
- 1 Grated Radish with chopped leaves (should yield 1 cup )
- pinches Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups Plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil + shallow frying
- green chillies, finely chopped to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds known as ajwain
- Grate the radish and chop the leaves and mix in all the other ingredients and knead dough out of it.
- Divide the dough into equal parts. Roll out round shaped rotis of about 4 to 5 inches round.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet and once you have rolled out the dough into rotis , place them on skillet and shallow fry them by flipping them and cooking thoroughly on both the sides use ghee and oil on each side approx 1/2 tsp or so.
- Note * Carom seeds known as ajwain can be substituted by celery seeds. But, you can find them easily at any Indian groceries. Particularly, they are used in this recipe as they cut down the sharp taste of radish and helps in digestion. Another benefit of ajwain is they are used for medicinal purpose if you ever happen to have stomach upset or heart burns etc.
- Serve them hot with any condiment or carrot and radish sweet sauce or best with raita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.