If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw this recipe at my mother law’s old diary at lest it 34 year old and she used to make this for her children and I ask her to make some naan and I took some excellent picture ..This typical naan recipe involves mixing white flour with salt, a yeast culture, and enough yogurt to make a smooth, elastic dough. The dough is kneaded for a few minutes, then set aside to rise for a few hours. Once risen, the dough is divided into balls which are flattened and cooked. In Pakistani cuisine, naans are typically graced with fragrant essences, such as rose, khus with butter or ghee melted on them. Nigella seeds are commonly added in Naan Breads as cooked in Indian
Today we had naan with hot pork vindaloo
- 1 cup Maida( finely-milled wheat flour used to make a wide variety of Indian breads )
- 1 tablespoon Yeast ( exactly 10 grams)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Curd
- a pinches Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Melted butter
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Sift the maida with salt and Baking soda ,mix with a pinch yeast, sugar and little warm water. And keep aside to ferment.
- Beat the egg Slightly heat the milk add the melted butter salt sugar stir well then add the beaten egg remaining yeast and the curd add to the fermented maida(if the dough too soft and loose you can add little more Maida) and knock to a soft dough.
- Keep aside for one hour. Divide dough into 8 balls flatter them into triangle.
- Heat the pan sprinkle cold water on to the hot pan then place one naan on top when it half cooked turn the other side and repeat till the naan turns a slightly golden brown color ( you can find the different in my picture)rub with little butter and serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.