If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This crab salad might taste best on a white sandy beach with a margarita in hand, but it goes just as well in the city with a glass of white wine. Fresh lump crab meat combined with crunchy vegetables and the classic combination of cilantro, lime, jalapeno and avocado makes the perfect Spring or Summer salad. —Waverly
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes, any type
- 2 cups 1/2-inch long matchsticks of jicama (peel the jicama, slice it in half and work from there)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, shredded
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 6 cups lettuce (butter, romaine, spinach, etc)
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters and lightly fried in hot olive oil just until crisp on both sides
- TOSS: In a large bowl, combine the crab meat, radishes, jicama, tomatoes, avocados, jalapeños, cilantro, and cheese. Season with a little sea salt and pepper. Gently toss. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic until it is emulsified. Pour about half of the vinaigrette over the crab salad and gently toss. Taste and adjust the seasonings adding more lime juice, salt, or pepper.
- SERVE: Divide lettuce among plates. Drizzle each plate of lettuce with a little vinaigrette. Place a mound of the crab salad on top of the lettuce. Serve with fried corn tortillas. Note: this is also delicious wrapped in warm corn tortillas.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.