If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Radishes get so mellow when roasted and those cute little cippolini onions sweeten up like no tomorrow. Add a little honey and bacon and you've got a great side! - inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
- 12 small cippolini onions
- 24 smallish red radishes
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and the add the onions and wait 30 to 40 seconds. Drain the onions and cool and then peel. (the plunge in the boiling water makes this a fairly easy task) Set aside
- Clean and trim the radishes leaving about 1/2 inch of the stem on. Set aside
- In a large saute pan cook the bacon until crisp, remove to paper toweling and crumble when cool. Set aside.
- In the same saute pan, add the onions and radishes to the bacon drippings and stir in the honey and vinegar. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and then transfer all to a smallish baking dish (mine was 10x10 inches)
- Roast in a preheated 400F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips