If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came to this slaw out of a necessity to get rid of a food mountain created by several overly generous CSA boxes last fall. I first used these ingredients on top of a pork chop sauteed in butter (minus the dressing, of course). Still looking to reinvent these same ingredients it hit me they would make a decent slaw. And when I was done it looked like Christmas. —Summer of Eggplant
- 6-8 Hailstone radishes or other white radishes cut into matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- 1 Apple cut into matchsticks, about 1 cup
- 1/2 a red jalapeno, minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 2.5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- Combine the sliced radishes and the apple in a bowl.
- Combine the mayo, lemon juice and vinegar, stir to combine.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing. Add in celery seed sat and pepper.
- Toss with the pepper and cilantro reserving some to sprinkle on top. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.