If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious recipe that I love to make in the summer once all the British tomatoes are ripe and in season (or even better- if i happened to have grown my own tomatoes!). Tomato, mozzarella and basil are of course a classic combination, but the addition of a little chorizo on top really brings the salad to life. Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a side salad. - Chef_Mel
- 4 Large Ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Mozzarella (the fresher the better!)
- 1 cup Chorizo, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine well all the ingredients except the chorizo. Put a frying pan onto a high heat. Fry the chorizo for 4-5 minutes, until crispy. (The chorizo doesn’t need extra fat to cook it as it releases it’s own oils).
- Meanwhile portion out the tomato salad mixture evenly into two serving bowls or plates. When the chorizo is ready, evenly add the chorizo to each bowl, and pour the orange oil over both the salads (there is a lot of flavour in the oils).
- Season the salad to taste and serve with crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.