If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fairly basic buttermilk pancake recipe, its the flavors that make it special. As with everything else the quality of the ingredients are what make it wonderful. Using best quality buttermilk, butter, and of course lemons will make a difference if you are lucky enough to find Meyer lemons, they will create a sublime finished product. I've used purchased lemon curd, but have included Alton Browns recipe, if you wish to go al the way with these. —Aliwaks
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (pref fine sea salt)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- .5 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons toasted poppy seeds
- 1.5 cups Greek Yoghurt or Labneh
- .5 cups Light fragrant honey
- 1 cup lemon curd (recipe follows)
- Sift dry ingredients together in one bowl
- Mix together, eggs, milks, butter, lemon juice, poppy seeds & zest
- Slowly and gently mix the dry in to the wet, do not over mix
- let sit 10 -15 min
- ladle @ 1/2 cup at a time onto a griddle or well buttered pan, flip when bubbles appear in the surface and the edges turn brown
- Spread thin layer of lemon curd on each pancake and layer (@ 4 per person) top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt drizzled with honey and garnished with lemon zest and poppy seeds if desired.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.