If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A touch of bacon makes this lightened up version of alfredo so tasty, you won't miss the butter! - ChrisandAmy
- 1/4 pound spinach fettuccine
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon each, kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fat free milk
- pinches ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, cook the bacon and remove it, leaving the drippings in the pan on medium-high heat
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and cook until the shrimp is pink, 2-3 minutes
- Take the shrimp and garlic out and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the flour to the pan and season it with the salt and pepper.
- Stir it over the heat for 30 seconds, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Put in the pinch of nutmeg and cook the milk about four minutes, stirring often, until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- To serve, toss the pasta, shrimp and milk mixture together with the bacon crumbled on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.