Author Notes: This comes from my husband's Aunt Fran. They are hands down the best pancake I have ever eaten. They taste lovely and have a very light texture. I use a variation with nonfat plain yogurt, whole wheat pastry flour and egg whites. They are delicious with blueberries too!!! - sensiblebloomers
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to med-high. Spray with nonstick spray or grease with butter .
- Pour pancake batter into desired size. Cook until bubbles pop, then flip and cook until golden.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.