If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by one of my former colleague, who is from Philippines. When we used to have lunch together at work, Ethel told me many times that in her country they use avocados in desserts.
I decided to try and use as a sweetener a small amount of condensed milk, to keep the color light; then I added crème fraîche and lime juice to prevent oxidation and to make it as a real dessert, I added vanilla and a little cardamom.
You can use this cream over any fresh, grilled, poached or roasted fruit and berries; it makes also a perfect sauce for fruit salads and it is delicious to serve over pancakes or toasted slices of pound cakes.
Makes 1and1/2 cups
For the Avocado cream
- • 1 large ripe Hass avocado (cut in half, seeded and the flash scooped out)
- • 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- • 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream, or coconut milk
- • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- • Zest of 1 lime
- • Juice of half a lime
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the Avocado Cream: In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients; process until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a serving dish; cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
For the Poached Peaches
- • 1 large or 2 medium ripe but firm peaches (blanched for 30 seconds and peeled)
- • 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice + 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • 4- 5 cardamom pods
- • 1 star anise
- • 1-2 tablespoons cold butter
- To make poached peaches: In a medium sauce pan simmer orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and star anise until reduced approximately in half, add the peaches and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer peaches to a serving dish, add the cold butter to the sauce pan, turn of the flame and stir in the butter. Pour over peaches. Serve warm or at room temperature with the chilled avocado cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Butter, Butter, Repeat
Puff pastry: No pain, all the gain.
Puff Pastry Primer
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Recipe of the Day
All the spring pastabilities.
That was a close shave.