If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even in a gluten-free house--or especially there!--pancakes are a must. Because gf baking requires quite a number of ingredients, I take a shortcut here with an organic mix from Arrowhead Mills. It's got rice and yellow corn flours, as well as tapioca and potato starches. For a toothier quality, I add buckwheat flour, and buttermilk and creme fraiche to give it a tangy richness. —gluttonforlife
Serves 4, or 2 ravenous people
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, grade B preferred
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup creme fraîche or sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Stir first 8 ingredients together until well blended. (Add more buttermilk if you like your pancakes thinner.)
- Cook one large pancake at a time, pouring the batter into a lightly oiled, pre-heated skillet. Add banana slices and some chopped nuts as the first side cooks, gently pressing them into the pancake with a spatula. Flip when bubbles form on surface and edges appear slightly dry.
- Serve with melted butter and warm maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.