Author Notes: This is the salad I always make in late spring when when all of these ingredients are in season and I serve it with grilled Wild Alaskan Copper River Salmon that is also just coming online. The idea is simple: pair avocado with a sweet, juicy fruit, and cucumber, toss with lime juice and a sweet herb like basil, mint, or cilantro. For mango you can substitute (or add to it, if you want, though I think less is more here) pineapple, orange, watermelon, or cantaloupe--I've tried them all and love them all. Serve with fish or over a green salad of tender arugula tossed lightly with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. - TaoistCowgirl
- 2 Hass avocados
- 1 Champagne mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful Thai basil leaves
- 2 limes
- 1 pinch sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut in 1/2 inch dice. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the mango and avocados in 1/2 inch dice and add those to the bowl with the cucumber.
- Juice the limes and add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Shred the Thai basil finely and add that to the other ingredients.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and toss everything together. Check seasoning and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados