Author Notes: Brought to us by Shaun Hergatt, executive chef at SHO. - Family Meal
Serves many, many people
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons toasted and ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons toasted and ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons toasted and ground fennel seeds
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 beef brisket
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees. Combine the ingredients for the rub. Rub it all into the brisket.
- Place brisket on a large pan (a sheet pan works well here) with a rack in it and slow roast in the oven for 16 hours, or until fork tender.
- Pull from the oven, and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice thinly, or pull, and serve. Enjoy.