If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had something similar to this dish at a tapas restaurant a few months ago. The cold couscous salad is so good with a hot fried egg on top. I loved it so much I had to come home and recreate it! Whats also great about this dish is that you could have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hope you like it! - singing_baker
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 11/2 tablespoon Israeli couscous
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe Avocados, pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 4 fried eggs
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan. Toast the couscous for about 3 minutes till they are nicely toasted. Add Chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10-12 minutes until chicken stock is absorbed. Drain under cold water and put in fridge to cool down.
- In a food processor combine the reamining 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil, avocados, salt, lime juice, water, and clarified butter. Pulse until you have a custard thickness. If it is chunky and thick feel free to add another tablespoon of water until you get a nice thick consistency.
- Make sure your couscous is at least room temp before you combine it with the avocado puree and place in the fridge to get nice and cold. About an hour. meanwhile make your fried eggs.
- To assemble I like to use a 5 inch ring mold. I place some couscous into the mold and pack it to the top I remove the mold and place the fried egg on top. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados