If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh, flavorful and filling as is, this gluten-free vegetarian dish is also excellent topped with grilled shrimp or chicken, or thinly sliced, grilled flank steak. Even without the addition of optional meat, it is a beautiful, satisfying meal. —NancyML
Serves 6 side or 4 large entree portions
For the Citrus Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality mayonnaise
For the Salad
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ripe avocados, diced
- 6 cups tender greens
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (thawed frozen will work well if fresh isn't available)
- 1 15 ounce can black-eye peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tender herbs, such as basil, parsley, cilantro or chives, or any combination of them
- OPTIONAL: Grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, or thinly sliced, grilled flank steak
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly emulsified. Set aside.
- Toss the diced avocado with 2 tablespoons lime juice in a medium bowl. Set aside. Toss the greens with half the prepared vinaigrette and place on a large serving platter or individual plates. Top with chopped tomato, red onion, avocado, corn and black-eye peas. Sprinkle chopped herbs over salad. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).