If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While eating my way around Thailand, I really enjoyed the amazing street vendors! Here's a few ingredients put together that work well. I've been playing around with combinations for some amazing results despite some people's skepticism in regards to some of the ingredients. —Damian
Serves 2 portions
- 1 cup tamarind puree
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fermented shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon dashi powder
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups chinese egg noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 edible orchids
- 1 banana blossom, peeled, blanched
- 4 sliced cucumber rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 thai chili, sliced, seedless
- 1 avocado, skinned, seeded, diced
- basil sprigs
- 1/2 cup diced silk tofu, diced
- Place tamarind, kaffir leaves, lime juice, shrimp paste, dashi, palm sugar, egg noodles and vegetable stock in sauce pot and simmer until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and warmed, approximately 4 minutes.
- Place noodles in bowl and top with remaining ingredients, orchid, banana blossoms, cucumber, peanuts, thai chili, avocado, basil, bean sprouts, and tofu.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.