If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Full of color, texture and flavor, I came up with this recipe --which can be a full meal all by itself--last winter, when I decided it was time to fight aging from all fronts. Eating this salad, made with nutrient rich fruit, vegetables, spices, whole grains, legumes, and raw honey is a great way of initiating the combat. Feel free to substitute pomegranate with fresh berries or chopped stone fruit during the hot months. - Alexandra zohn
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 cup forbidden (black) rice, cooked
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked (canned is fine)
- 1 Avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 bunch (about 2 oz.) arugula (washed and dried)
- 1/4 cup kombucha, original flavor
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, mix gently forbidden rice, chickpeas, avocado, pomegranate and arugula.
- Prepare dressing by wisking in a medium bowl kombucha, orange and lemon juice and raw honey. Drizzle olive oil a bit at a time and keep whisking, until it's all incorporated. Sprinkle sumac, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Taste and season again, if necessary.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix very gently. Until salad is evenly coated. Serve