If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is so simple I hardly call it a recipe. Yet it is one of my Summer staples when I am making tasty, healthy ,quick Summer salads. Avocados are such a perfect fruit that I hate to do much to disguise their creamy, nutty flavor and this dressing stays true to that premise. I usually use Hass avocados ,the dark pebbly looking ones that have the best flavor(in my opinion). —dymnyno
Makes enough for a salad
- 1 Large, very ripe Hass avocado
- Juice of one lemon
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Peel one very ripe avocado and mash it , using hands, fork or whatever to make a avocado paste.
- Squeeze one whole lemon into the avocado paste and blend it into the paste until smooth.
- Drizzle about two tablespoons of fresh fruity olive oil into the paste and blend the ingredients into a dressing. (be sure to use the freshest olive oil that you can find,ie, domestic). Grind a little fresh black pepper to taste.
- I use this as a dressing on salads that may include sliced avocados, tomatoes, red onions or scallions, cucumbers, and even cooked shrimp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.