Author Notes: This is a beautiful salad full of bright colors and flavors I originally created without avocado, however the addition of it makes the dish simply sensational; the perfect summer salad!
- Monique Volz
- 3 cups shelled edamame beans, cooked and cooled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 avocado, diced
- Combine edamame, peppers, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro in large bowl.
- To make your dressing combine soy sauce, spices, and garlic in a small bowl. Add dressing mixture to edamame salad and combine until salad is fully coated.
- Add in cilantro and mix again; sprinkle toasted almonds and avocado on top. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados