If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My cousin's wife is a great cook and she is really good at Indian fusion recipes. She shared this black bean burger recipe with me and it's one of our favorites! I tweaked it a bit for my taste. —themessimake.com
- 2 medium Russet or Red potatoes
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano or any other herb of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven at 375° F.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Rinse potatoes and put them in a big pot of lightly salted cold water. Bring water to boil and cook potatoes for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water, place them on paper towels and dry them completely. 5. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and toss potatoes carefully.
- Transfer the potatoes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then toss the potatoes and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are crispy.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano.
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 small canned corn
- 1/2 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 finely chopped jalapeños
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- salt, to taste
- 100 calorie sandwich buns
- mayonnaise to spread on buns
- sliced tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Rinse and dry beans.
- Mash the beans and mix in garlic, onions, green peppers, jalapeños and corn.
- Mix in Sriracha, red pepper flakes, garam masala, cumin powder, taco seasoning and salt.
- Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Make 2 inch patties, 1/4 inch thick.
- Line patties on a greased baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the burger: spread some mayo on buns, place lettuce, tomatoes, patty and sprinkle cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.