Author Notes: Inspired by the Watermelon and Prosciutto Appetizer recipe from the fabulous Cook Eat Love blog, these delectable summer treats feature watermelon cubes, fresh mozzarella and fresh mint for a sweet and savory bite! - FramedCooks
Makes about 25 bites, but it's wonderfully expandable!
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, in small balls or cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/8 cup Olive oil
- 1/8 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Mix equal parts oil and vinegar - about 1/8 cup of each to start and increase depending on how many you are making. Mix cheese and vinegar mixture until cheese is lightly coated.
- Assemble watermelon, cheese, small folded pieces of prosciutto and mint leaves on a toothpick, starting with the watermelon and cheese on the bottom, topped by the prosciutto and finally the mint leaf. Serve at once.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint