If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In India we make mint chutney to go with many veggie starters since mint has cooling effect on body and most Indian dishes are hot and spicy. I happened to have some leftover chutney after a gathering and Froze it for a later day.
I was cooking chicken one evening and happened to notice that my frozen spinach was over and I was in hurry to serve something for my hungry family. I had to turn to my frozen chutney instead of spinach and this dish became one of our family's choice ones. - Aru
- 1 bunch Fresh mint leaves
- 6 teaspoons Green chillies with seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 handful Chopped cilantro
- 1 cup Red onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated garlic
- 2 pounds Boneless chicken breasts cubed into bitesized
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Clean chicken and cut into bite sized cubes. Chop your veggies (onions & green chiily )
- Blend cilantro and mint leaves with salt and set aside
- Marinate chicken cubes with 1tablespoon lemon juice,ginger,garlic and salt for 30 minutes
- In a heavy bottomed pan add oil and fry onions and green chilly till golden brown. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes with lid on. Add the green chutney mix to the chicken and on slow flame let it cook and simmer till the chutney is coated well to the chicken cubes and it dry.
- Serve onto platter and sprinkle the remaining lemon juice. Serve hot with brown or wildrice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint