If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a bit of a food purist in that I want to enjoy each flavor present in each recipe. This salad is a beautiful fresh mix of bitter greens, sweet fruit and a low fat sweet and sour dressing with a minty flare. All measurements are to taste and any greens or berry's can be subbed - but this way is my personal favorite. It's also vegan - Coffeegrl
- 4-6 handfuls Oganic Baby Greens with Arugula (the smaller size, I like Baby Spinach and Arugula blend)Rinsed and drained
- 1-2 pints Organic Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Organic Lemon juiced - Lemon must be fresh and if you want morelemon kick you can add a bit of lemon zest
- 1-3 teaspoons Organic Cold Pressed Canola oil
- 1-3 teaspoons Table sugar, Agave Nectar or sweetener of choice
- 6 sprigs Fresh Mint
- 1 dash Salt to taste (optional)
- Rinse and dry all ingredients seperatly (except for the oil and sugar). I dry my greans by spreading them out in a linen towel because I don't like how salad spinners crush up the leaves - but in a pinch a spinner would do.
- Zest (if using) and juice the lemon, straining out seeds and most of the pulp.
- Mix Lemon juice, sugar, oil with a fork until well blended - start with 1 tsp and increase to taste, the oil will help the lemon stick and adds a nice mouth feel depending on the amount of salad you are making use 1-3tsps of oil.
- Pour dressing over mint sprigs and muddle.
- Combine greens and berries in a large bowl.
- Drizzel dressing over salad and add the mint leaves. Mix together and serve.
- If making ahead of time just leave dressing off of greens until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.