Author Notes: I'm a bit of a food purist in that I want to enjoy each flavor present in each recipe. This salad is a beautiful fresh mix of bitter greens, sweet fruit and a low fat sweet and sour dressing with a minty flare. All measurements are to taste and any greens or berry's can be subbed - but this way is my personal favorite. It's also vegan - Coffeegrl
- 4-6 handfuls Oganic Baby Greens with Arugula (the smaller size, I like Baby Spinach and Arugula blend)Rinsed and drained
- 1-2 pint Organic Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Organic Lemon juiced - Lemon must be fresh and if you want morelemon kick you can add a bit of lemon zest
- 1-3 teaspoon Organic Cold Pressed Canola oil
- 1-3 teaspoon Table sugar, Agave Nectar or sweetener of choice
- 6 sprigs Fresh Mint
- 1 dash Salt to taste (optional)
- Rinse and dry all ingredients seperatly (except for the oil and sugar). I dry my greans by spreading them out in a linen towel because I don't like how salad spinners crush up the leaves - but in a pinch a spinner would do.
- Zest (if using) and juice the lemon, straining out seeds and most of the pulp.
- Mix Lemon juice, sugar, oil with a fork until well blended - start with 1 tsp and increase to taste, the oil will help the lemon stick and adds a nice mouth feel depending on the amount of salad you are making use 1-3tsps of oil.
- Pour dressing over mint sprigs and muddle.
- Combine greens and berries in a large bowl.
- Drizzel dressing over salad and add the mint leaves. Mix together and serve.
- If making ahead of time just leave dressing off of greens until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint