Author Notes: So you think I'm just too old to know the band's correct name!? And you think I was bragging and making up stuff! No, sorry, it ain't the wrong name for the LA rock band or a lie! It's my Mint Chimichourri Sauce for the summer barbecue, especially good if you like lamb chops like I do! So get the music going and the charcoals hot and let's rock and roll!
This sauce is great with grilled meat but works very well as a marinade too.
- Maria Teresa Jorge
- 1 cup parsley chopped finely
- 1/2 mint chopped finely
- 6 garlic cloves minced finely
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped finely
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup red pepper, seeds and white fibre removed, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop the herbs very finely. Put in a glass container that has a good fitting lid.
- Add the garlic, shallot, green chilli, red pepper, vinegar and mix. Add some salt and the paprika and mix to dissolve both in the liquid. You can put the lid on the container and shake it.
- Finally add the olive oil and mix well.
- Keep in the fridge for a minimum of 1 day and check the seasoning again - at this point the flavours will have blended and you will have a much better taste.
- The sauce will keep well in the fridge for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Serve with grilled meat or as a marinade.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint