If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I based these Moroccan meatballs on the flavor profile of merguez sausage--spicy, tangy, savory and intensely aromatic. They are wonderful as a component of a mezze table, or served with cous cous and a vegetable tagine. —zindc
Makes 14 golf ball-sized meatballs
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cracker meal or plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot or onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon pimenton dulce (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon harissa or 1/2 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease the foil with olive or grapeseed oil so the meatballs won't stick.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine thoroughly. Clean hands work best for this.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or wet hands, form golf-ball sized meatballs and arrange on the tray.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until browned and sizzling and firm to the touch.
Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.