Author Notes: I love mint and pistachios and really, pesto is of the gods. I'm going to serve this with grilled steaks, tortillas and corn tonight! I also think it'd be fantastic with grilled peaches! - em-i-lis
Food52 Review: WHO: em-i-lis is a stay-at-home mom and avid cook.
WHAT: A stunningly simple pesto as you've never seen it before with mint, pistachio, and lime.
HOW: If you can turn your food processor on, you can make this pesto -- but a mortar and pestle is welcome, too.
WHY WE LOVE IT: The pesto's slightly chunky texture allows the individual flavors to shine through while adding them all up into something even greater. And what wouldn't be better with a dollop of pesto on it? - A&M
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted, shelled pistachios
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/4 lime
- Put the mint leaves, pistachios, garlic and salt into a small food processor or into a mortar. Process or crush until coarsely ground. In a steady stream, add the oil and lime juice until the consistency is of your liking. Voila!
- Your Best Recipe with Mint Contest Winner!