If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OK So corn on the cob is a hot commodity for grilling, boiling, and microwaving. But here is a technique that blows all those out of the water. Not only is it simple and mess free, but it also tastes like corn should taste: yellow kernels of candy. —me brumbaugh
- 6 Cobs of Corn
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Leave the corn on the cob with its husks and silks attached.
- Toss the corn cobs on the middle rack of the oven lengthwise and spaced 1 inch apart.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the center cob and pull back the husks just enough to test for doneness; the corn should have swollen shiny kernels with a few browned kernets.
- Remove the corn from the oven. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Wrap a kitchen towel around the base of a corn cob to hold it without getting burned as the husks retain some heat. Pull back the husks and silks at the same time; they will come off easily.
- Eat as is, or if you must, add some butter, or your favorite flavor combination, such as chili pepper and lime juice.
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.