If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adding mint to a dessert was a new thing for me, however now I am a mint cake convert. The cake should be left undisturbed overnight for the flavors to mature and the cake to air out. It makes a great morning loaf especially in summer. I have added ground almonds, but you can add ground pistachios for a variation. The blueberries have settled to the bottom of the cake offering a nice blue and purple edge which is pretty. The prominent flavor is the mint, which pairs nicely with the fresh tartness of the lime and a hint of spice from the ginger. - Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (3 limes)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place the butter and oil in a mixing bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Add in the sugar and mix well until nice and smooth.
- Beat the eggs and add into the oil and butter mixture and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and the powdered ginger into the mixture and mix in a little at a time.
- Fold in the lime zest.
- Puree the lime juice and mint together into a smooth liquid.
- Stir in the lime juice mixture to the cake batter to mix into a nice smooth batter.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch spring form pan or a loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cake rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool throughly before serving.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.