Author Notes: Beets with Pistachios and Mint is my attempt to recreate the dish that impressed me at a friend's wedding. It is incredibly simple: roasted beets marinated in mild vinegar served atop a small pool of creme fraiche and topped with roasted pistachios. The beet juice mixes every so slightly with the creme fraiche, so that when you scoop up a serving the colors mix into a beautiful swirly pink. The pistachios add a pleasant crunch and the mint perfumes the dish. It is a perfect simple side dish for summer. - My Pantry Shelf
- 1 pound roasted beets, cooled
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 shelled roasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- When ready to serve, spread the creme fraiche on the bottom of a shallow bowl, top with beets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss pistachios and mint over the top.