Author Notes: I love raw tomato sauce with pasta during the summer and make it a variety of ways - with basil- with spicy peppers - with parmesan - with feta. Usually I use parsley and basil for the sauce, but this time I added mint and a little sugar to bring out the sweetness of the tomato and mint when hit with the warm pasta. Easy and tasty for these warm days of summer! - inpatskitchen
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced in quarter inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 6 ounces dry spaghetti or linguini
- Crumbled feta cheese for garnish(optional)
- Combine all ingredients except the pasta and cheese in a small mixing bowl and park it on the counter for a few hours.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water per package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Stir in the marinated tomatoes and top with the crumbled feta if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint