If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love raw tomato sauce with pasta during the summer and make it a variety of ways - with basil- with spicy peppers - with parmesan - with feta. Usually I use parsley and basil for the sauce, but this time I added mint and a little sugar to bring out the sweetness of the tomato and mint when hit with the warm pasta. Easy and tasty for these warm days of summer! —inpatskitchen
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced in quarter inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 6 ounces dry spaghetti or linguini
- Crumbled feta cheese for garnish(optional)
- Combine all ingredients except the pasta and cheese in a small mixing bowl and park it on the counter for a few hours.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water per package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Stir in the marinated tomatoes and top with the crumbled feta if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint