If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of classic Kerala dishes that appear at every wedding and other special family gathering. An easy recipe only if you have the “Achappam” Mould. You may get this in Indian store .Or I can arrange one. Last weekend this pancake made for our son Joseph by his grandmother .Immediately, he took all to his hostel to share with friends. Usually he come home every weekend. —pauljoseph
- 1 pound raw rice
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Soak the raw rice for one hour
- Powder the moist rice finely, add the half the coconut milk ,combine
- Beat the egg till frothy, add sugar, sesame seed, salt
- Pour the above with remaining coconut milk into the batter. beat well to obtain a coating consistency
- Heat the oil, dip the mould in the batter (take care the upper quarter of the mould Clean)to coat.
- Return to the hot oil ,fry a minute, tap gently to let the fritter fall gently into the oil. Fry to a golden brown. Drain.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.