If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's Summer and grilling season is in full swing! This salad makes the perfect accompaniment to all things grilled - burgers, chicken, fish or just about anything else you can think of. I used the beautiful lettuces, spring onions and parsley that we've been getting from our CSA share, but you can use just about any combination of vegetables that you have on hand.
The best thing about this recipe is that the "dressing" makes itself - no whisk or blender necessary! Once you toss the oiled vegetables with the balsamic you have just enough moisture to lightly dress the lettuce when everything gets tossed together. How simple is that?! - the preserve.
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1-2 large red potatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 1/2 a head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/2 a head red leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the grill on high for about 15 minutes, then clean the grates with a grill brush. Blot a paper towel with vegetable oil and, using a pair of grill tongs, rub the grates with the oiled towel to create a non-stick surface. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies for the grill. Slice peppers into large, flat chunks and drizzle corn, potatoes, pepper slices and onions with plenty of olive oil. Allow veggies to char on each side. Peppers need about 5 minutes per side, potatoes about 7 minutes, and corn about 10.
- Allow veggies to cool slightly. Cut corn kernels off the cob, slice onions, and chop peppers into bite-sized pieces. Set potatoes aside. Place corn, onions and peppers in a plastic bag and add the balsamic vinegar. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Add marinated vegetables and parsley to the chopped lettuce. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Place potato slices on top of the salad and serve.