If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peri peri is a spice rub from South Africa, starring the African Birds Eye Chile along with 5-6 other seasonings including paprika, garlic, onion, oregano and ginger. It's usually rubbed on meats such as chicken or lamb before grilling, but I like it brushed on grilled halloumi cheese. If you don't have Peri Peri, you can certainly substitute another spice rub.Toss with fruit and greens for an entree salad. —SparkleDiana
- 1 packet halloumi cheese
- 1 tablespoon peri peri or other spice rub
- 3 tablespoons soybean oil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard vinaigrette (or lemon vinaigrette)
- 1/2 pound purple grapes, halved
- 1 spritz of cooking oil spray
- Cut halloumi into 8 slices, each 1/2" thick. Whisk together peri peri spice rub and oil in a small bowl.
- Heat grill pan; spritz with cooking oil spray. When hot, add halloumi. Brush the top size of the halloumi with all of the peri peri oil mixture. When the bottom size is browned, flip it over and brown the second side. Set cheese aside on a plate; reserve the pan with its peri peri oil.
- Add grapes to the hot pan; cook for 1-2 minutes until softened and coated in the peri peri oil left in the pan.
- Divide the salad onto 4 plates; top each with 2 pieces of grilled halloumi.
These Make the Grade
Fruit Roll-Ups aren't just for elementary school kids
Fruit roll-ups are baaaaack (and homemade)!
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).