Author Notes: This is something I threw together one day when the fridge was over flowing with squash. I have used combinations of squash, or just one kind of squash and it has been devoured every time! - Spork
Makes a lot
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 small to medium summer squash, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup cream, half and half, or milk
- Heat the oil in soup pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and a teaspoon of salt and saute until soft and turning brown.
- Add garlic, saute for about 30 seconds, just to heat them up a little.
- Add squash, cook until it turns a bit brown and gives off some of its water.
- Add broth, bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer uncovered for about ten minutes then remove from heat.
- Add cream and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender.
- Add corn, return to heat and simmer gently until the corn is cooked to your liking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve as is or with shredded cheese, croutons, or crackers. Enjoy!