Author Notes: The fresh berries, peaches, and mango-peach jam impart that perfect sweetness, while the red onions, greens and poppy seeds, add a satisfying crunch to this salad. The creamy dressing has layers of complexity that go so well. This salad is both satisfying and healthy. - Bohdanna
Creamy Poppy Seed Mango-Peach Mayo Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cups vanilla yogurt, greek
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, adjust to taste
- 6 tablespoons mango-peach jam (or your favorite jam)
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds, dried
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or fruit vinegar)
Peach 'n Berries, Red Onion, Feta Greens
- 10 cups spring salad mix, or your favorite greens
- 2 pieces fresh peaches, sliced into thin wedge- slices
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries, organic preferred
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, organic
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 pieces red onions, thinly sliced into ringlets
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Adjust maple syrup and jam to taste, if necessary. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Gently blend into the greens, the dressing until salad is well coated.
- Place salad on decorate plate and garnish with fresh slices of peaches, berries and a dollop of the dressing in the middle.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad