If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the July issue of Bon Appétit magazine, editor Adam Rapoport directed his comments to readers on what he believed was the “Toast of Summer”–garlicy French Bread charred on an outdoor grill and dressed in buttery avocado, red pepper flakes, coarse salt, and just the right touch of olive oil. Avocado Toast may not be a new or exciting dish to many readers of the magazine, but as someone who has only appropriated the main ingredient for dips and guacamoles, I was flabbergasted that it could make such a lovely appetizer or summertime side.
Here’s what makes this simple and easy dish such a gem: when prepared correctly using quality ingredients, the toast tastes like summer. Ripe avocados dressed with a hint of spice and salt make the French bread the perfect open-faced sandwich for a summer barbecue or outdoor lunch. Eat this toast alongside a frosty glass of beer or chilled wine and serve as an impressive appetizer when avocados are seasonal and on hand. - Helana Brigman
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 slices French baguette or Whole Foods Seeduction bread
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- coarse salt, to taste
- good-quality extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Cube avocado and reserve for toast. Using a freshly peeled garlic clove, rub garlic all over slices of Whole Foods Seeduction Bread. Then, using a sharp paring knife, slice the garlic thinly and reserve.
- Place bread on a fired up grill and char slightly on both sides. If cooking indoors, toast bread in olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Remove from heat when golden brown and plate.
- Dress crusty bread in avocado, garlic slices, red pepper flakes, coarse salt, and a light drizzle of good-quality olive oil. Serve immediately.