Author Notes: I love remoulade sauce with shrimp, crab cakes, oysters and even fish. Thought this time I'd turn shrimp remoulade into a salad. - inpatskitchen
Makes 4 healthy servings
- 1 cup homemade mayo or a good quality commercial one
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 heaping tablespoon Creole mustard (if you don't have Creole, Dijon will work)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 good shakes (or more if you want it a little spicy) hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
For the slaw
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen ( I used 36-40s)
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 cups shredded common cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- The remoulade
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Bring about 3 quarts of water along with the 1/2 lemon to a rolling boil. Add the shrimp, put a lid on the pot, turn the heat off and let the shrimp sit for about 2 minutes. Drain the shrimp in a colander, and rinse the shrimp quickly in cold, cold water to cool.
- Once the shrimp has cooled combine it with the shredded cabbage, remoulade sauce and chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and chill before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad