Author Notes: I am always on the prowl for cool & easy summer salads...& being a sucker for salty-zingy Vietnamese flavors, this is a winner. I found & adapted this recipe from Momofuku's old blog Momofuku for Two. Their new blog is totally fantastic too, it's called I am a Food Blog--how brilliant! - we eat. happy.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 head of a small cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups fish sauce
- the juice of 2 limes
- cracked pepper
- Mix the fish sauce and lime juice together and toss all the ingredients. Taste and season with more fish sauce is needed. Enjoy cold!