If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hope Solo owns the coolest name in sports. And she's a terrific goal keeper for the US Women's soccer team. Please don't call her a "goalie". That's hockey usage. Keeper is fine. Pierino has been a long time follower of the womens' game going back to when only the US and China were taking it seriously. And I think Hope could even stand between the pipes on a mens' professional team. She has become another one of those iconic figures that the US women keep producing to go along with Mia Hamm, Brandi Chastaine, Abby Wambach and on and on. Maybe it's because it's one of the few games they let little girls play. This recipe will serve your whole team if you multiply the ingredients by 11.
Recommended beverage; a pint of bitter. —pierino
Serves your team
- 2 slices rye bread
- thinly sliced cucumber
- chopped fresh dill
- ripe tomato slices
- sliced fresh mozzarella (not the low moisture)
- about 2 ounces of your best quality smoked salmon. If you live in New York go to Russ & Daughters or Fairway.
- Hellman's/Best Foods mayonnaise
- Toast the rye bread
- Smear on some mayo. Top that with tomato, top that with cucumber, top that with salmon, add chopped dill, top with mozzarella.
- Or change the above order.
- Eat the sandwich.
- Note to cook: you will want really thin cucumber slices. For that I'd recommend a handle held Kyocera ceramic slicer with four adjustable settings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.