Author Notes: I like all manner of gazpacho, and wanted to make my own version that would use my farmer's market stuff already in the fridge, and avoid bell peppers, which I detest. I like to add some yogurt, which I suppose makes this something other than gazpacho, to give it a little tang, and body. - Jestei
Makes 4 cups
- 4 Medium Tomatoes, cored
- 3 Persian cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 1 piece of banana pepper, or any pepper you like, minced
- 1 handful cilantro
- 3/4 cups plain yogurt preferably fully fatted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) white wine vinegar
- some salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all your ingredients into blender or food processor and whirl until soup. You may vary yogurt for consistency and pepper, vinegar and salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours. When ready to eat, give it a good stir as there may be some separation. Taste and salt if needed. If you crave more spice, add a dash of Tabasco. Serve with good bread.