If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The freshness of your ingredients is going to make a big difference here. While I have had many a good succotash with frozen vegetables it just isn't the same. I used vegetables I had on hand in my succotash and it really is more of a southern succotash because of the limas and okra but any shell bean is good. I really like fresh diced tomatoes in it too but they are not ripe yet. - thirschfeld
- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn, husked and cut from the cob
- 1 cup cup fresh lima beans
- 1/2 cup okra, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- green onions, chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Place a 3 1/2 quart pot over medium heat. Add the butter and gently melt it.
- When the butter is close to being all liquid add the okra and gently sauté it without browning but long enough to cook out the okra slime. Season the okra with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pan. Bring it to a boil then add the corn and lima beans. There should be enough liquid to almost cover the vegetables. If not add a bit more water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the corn and beans are cooked through check the seasoning again. Adjust and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Met Ball or Meatball?
13 not-Met ball(s) to eat not on the red carpet.
Met Ball or meatball?
A guide to fail-proof dinner parties.
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.